Monday, April 6, 2015

Striper Bites - Lewes, DE

During an overnight birthday get-away in Lewes, DE a few weeks ago, we had a chance to have dinner at Striper Bites. I had read tons of restaurant reviews before going, and after narrowing it down to a few that looked really good, I chose Striper Bites for my birthday dinner.

 
 
 
 
I love the decor and the atmosphere there, and the service was very good.
 
 
 
Peter ordered the Seared Tuna app....
Seared rare with sesame 5-spice crust over crispy wontons, served with spicy mayo, seaweed salad, wasabi, pickled ginger, & soy glaze

 
 
For his entree', he chose the special of the day from the fresh fish board:
 
Blackened Halibut w/Lemon Butter Buerre Blanc and mashed potatoes and salad.
 
 
 
He said everything was delicious!
 
 
 I decided on the Crab Bisque, which was very good.....
 
and I knew I was going to get the Lobster Roll before we ever got there.
I had one at Boardwalk Bakery in WDW last month that was out-of-this-world good and I was ready to try another. I also ordered my usual caesar salad.
 
 
While it was good, this lobster roll wasn't quite as good as the one I had in Disney....good....just not Disney good. Of course, we were too stuffed for dessert....next time maybe!
 
Overall, we were both pleased with our meal at Striper Bites and definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Lewes, DE.
 
 
Striper Bites is rated #11 of 79 restaurants by TripAdvisor.
 
ADDRESS:
 
Striper Bites
107 Savannah Rd
Lewes, DE 19958-1437
 
PHONE:
 
302-645-4657
 
HOURS:
 
9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
 
WEBSITE:
 
 
 
Striper Bites is right next door to Dogfish Inn and walking distance to Inn at Canal Square. Although we drove, it is also just a short walk to Hotel Blue, where we stayed. Read my hotel review HERE .
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment