Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Grilled Chicken w/ Lemon Basil Pasta

I love Pioneer Woman! Not only is Ree a great cook, but she is very real....like I could be friends with her real. She doesn't try to be perfect or too fancy. I love her cooking style and have tried many of her recipes, all of which have been winners!

I tried her Grilled Chicken w/ Lemon Basil Pasta today and it was sooooo good! I improvised a little since I was cooking for two instead of a crowd, but I used all the ingredients on the list. I also tried getting some good pictures, but the finished dish doesn't look near as appealing as the pictures Ree takes.

A link to her version of the recipe HERE and my take on it here:

Marinate 2-3 boneless chicken breast in a mixture of a little olive oil, the juice from one lemon, honey, salt, and basil (from your spice cabinet - I used fresh in the pasta). I marinated in a gallon size ziploc bag for about 5 hours.

Ingredients:


 
8 oz. penne pasta, 1/2 stick butter, juice from one lemon, 1 cup half & half (or heavy cream), 1 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese, salt & pepper to taste, and fresh basil (chopped)
 
Side Note: Fresh basil will turn dark after a few days, so use as soon as possible.
 
 

Directions:

Grill chicken and keep warm until pasta and sauce are ready. Cook pasta; drain and set aside. In pan, melt butter over medium heat and add lemon juice. Whisk together. Pour in half-and-half. Whisk until hot. Add cheese and whisk until melted, then add salt and pepper.
Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Stir in basil. When serving, top with sliced chicken breast and sprinkle with a little chopped basil. Serve immediately! DELISH!!!

 
Don't skimp on the basil - it is a great compliment to the lemony cream sauce.
 
Check out Ree's website: Pioneer Woman and tune in to her show every Saturday morning at 10 a.m. on Food Network.



No comments:

Post a Comment