Sunday, May 31, 2015

Trisha Yearwood's Asparagus Bundles

One of my favorite cooking shows is "Trisha's Southern Kitchen" which airs Saturday mornings at 10:30 on Food Network. I love her no-nonsense approach to cooking and her Southern style. All of her recipes look amazing, but I knew I just had to try her recipe for Asparagus Bundles. If you love asparagus (and even if you don't) this is a must-try recipe. It is amazing!

Asparagus Bundles

recipe from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood 2010

Asparagus Bundles from Trisha's Southern Cooking on FoodNetwork.com -- I think I would try this without the brown sugar

2 lbs. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
6 slices bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide asparagus into 12 bundles. Carefully wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Lay bundles in a baking dish. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to boil and pour over asparagus.
The Secret to Having it All......: Trisha Yearwood's Asparagus Bundles

Bake for about 25 minutes or until asparagus is wilted and bacon looks fully cooked. Remove toothpicks before serving.
This dish is delicious!! [Nathan rated it one of the best dishes I've ever cooked!]
I have made these numerous times since discovering them a few years ago. You must try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment