Saturday, March 28, 2015

Stuffed Mushrooms (Olive Garden copycat)

I picked up some nice mushrooms a few days ago with a recipe in mind.
I had Olive Garden's Stuffed Mushrooms when Peter and I ordered take-out on Valentine's Day (post here). They were soooo good, I just had to give them a try at home. I found the copycat recipe online and made them for dinner tonight.
 
Stuffed Mushrooms
(an Olive Garden copycat recipe)



Ingredients:
 
8-12 fresh mushrooms - remove stems/wipe off with a damp paper towel
 
6 clams - minced/drained-reserve 1/4 cup juice
(you can substitute a 6 oz. can if you can't get fresh clams)
 
2 T. minced onion
(recipe calls for green onion, but I substituted)
 
1/2 t. minced garlic
(I always use minced garlic in a jar)
1/8 t. garlic salt
 
1 T. melted butter
 
1 t. oregano
 
1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
 

 

Don't you love these Pier1 measuring cups? Hand-me-downs from Mom. I love odd measuring cups! :O)
 
Okay, back to the recipe......
 
1 egg- beaten
 
2 T. grated parmesan
1 T. grated romano
2 T. grated mozzarella
 
I actually substitued and used what I had on hand - 3 T. grated fresh parmesan and 1 T. grated parmesan in a canister for the stuffing.
 
1/4 cup melted butter
 
1/4 cup grated mozzarella (I used swiss since I had it on hand)
 
parsely - for garnish

 
Directions:
 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking dishes with pan spray.
  • Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe off with a damp paper towel.
  • Combine clams, onion, garlic, garlic salt, butter, and oregano in a bowl and mix well.
  • Add bread crumbs, egg, and clam juice mixing together well.
  • Add cheese to stuffing and mix well.
  • Spoon stuffing into each mushroom cap and slightly mound.
  • Place stuffed mushrooms into baking dishes and drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter. (I also topped with a little swiss)
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Grate a little fresh parmesan on top and garnish with parsely.




No comments:

Post a Comment